- Taking meeting minutes
- Creating an annotated bibliography
- Making a useful README file for research projects
Working with auditory stimuli and sound files
Career and grant advice
- People sometimes give Strunk & White's Elements of Style a hard time, but it has a lot of good advice and is a great place to start.
- For people at Wash U, the Writing Center is a free resource (located on the Danforth campus) providing both classes and one-on-one tutoring.
- The Clinical Chemistry Guide to Scientific Writing has good general advice.
- Science and the English Language applies some advice from George Orwell's essay Politics and the English Language (also well worth reading) to scientific writing.